Wednesday, September 3, 2008

before I fell asleep..

So the other night, before I fell asleep, I was thinking about the armor of God. I'm not sure why, but I was excited that I was actually, for once, meditating on God's Word before I fell asleep as David spoke of in the Psalms!

And here's what I was thinking as I analyzed Ephesians 6:10-18 half asleep, pretty much I wanted to describe each piece of armor..so here is my thought process so far..

The helmet of Salvation: Blog 1
Ok, helmet, protects the head, which holds the mind, and that is the control center of our bodies, and/or the spiritual "battlefield." So Salvation protects our minds or battlefield. Salvation: what is that? "if we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved." ok so active belief that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our Saviour..that's Salvation which protects our minds. I always think of a seal, the helmet and seal..When we are saved we receive the Holy Spirit which is our seal of salvation, our promise of inheritance, ..Ok the Holy Spirit, God's presence, dwells in us, our promise of inheritance..Ephesians 1:13In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation—in Him when you believed—were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit., 4:30 and 2Corinthians 1:22.
So we are sealed off, nothing can..possess us if the Holy Spirit is in us, which we receive by Salvation, which is the "Helmet" that protects our minds, the battlefield.

That Battlfied..where we war with thoughts..good and bad. So soldiers wear helmets to protect themselves from head injury..And we all know what that can do..SO in a spiritual perspective, it would protect us from, well, mind injury. And the mind, your thoughts, control a lot in your life. The determine moods and actions, life choices, and can become..influenced,"brain-washed" it can be controlled by outside influences, teachings, philosophies, circumstances..NO WONDER we have to have it protected by our Salvation, our belief in Jesus Christ as Savior.

I could go on and on here, but I leave it here. If you want to see more Scripture, go to this link, and check out all of those passages, and then relate it to the helmet of Salvation..

So how does this change our thought process today? Maybe this something for you to chew on and spend time meditating on today and tonight before you fall asleep..

No comments: